Re: I-D ACTION:draft-adwankar-netconf-symple-00.txt

Hi,
     Attached is some comparison between various protocols. The list is neither
exhaustive nor complete. The SYMPLE extends SyncML DM for effectively and easily
expressing policies and to provide primitives for scheduling, diagnostics and
guarding resource constrained terminals. Thanks for your comment about SMIv1 to
SMIv2. Need to make that change.

Thanks
Sandeep

Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

> ID> SYMPLE Scripting Protocol and architecture for seamless management
> ID> of XML based mobile devices and SNMP based devices
>
> ID> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> ID> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adwankar-netconf-symple-00.txt
>
> Whatever the contribution of this ID is in relation to this WG, it
> must be noted that the author who wrote appendix B clearly needs to
> learn how to write valid MIB modules (and make the much needed
> transition from SMIv1 to SMIv2).
>
> While SyncML and SyncML DM functionally are indeed related to netconf,
> I believe this document is not really helpful. What would be helpful
> would be a document which compares SyncML with the netconf proposal
> under discussion.
>
> /js
>
> --
> Juergen Schoenwaelder               International University Bremen
> <http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>     P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany
>
> --

Title: Protocol

Protocol

Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)

SyncML Device Management (SyncML DM)

Web-based Enterprise Management  (WBEM)

Network Configuration (NetConf)

Data Model

Management Information Base

Management Tree

CIM Schemas

Data Modeling Language

Structure of Management Information (subset of ASN.1)

Data Description Framework

Managed Object Format

Data Representation

ASN.1 BER encoding

XML, WBXML

xmlCIM Encoding

XML

Identification

Object Identifier

URI

Key

URI

Protocol Commands

Get, Getnext, Getbulk, Set, Trap, Inform

Get, Replace, Add, Delete, Exec, Copy, Alert

GetClass, GetInstance, CreateClass, CreateInstance, GetProperty,  DeleteClass, DeleteInstance

get-config, edit-config, copy-config, delete-config, get-state, kill-session

Protocol Transport

UDP

HTTP, OBEX, WSP

HTTP