From: Phil Shafer [mailto:phil@juniper.net]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 12:16 PM
To: Faye Ly
Cc: Allen, Keith; netconf@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Multiple "Running" configurations

"Faye Ly" writes:
>Partial configuration and separate configuration file have different
>naming?  Unless you can somehow make the naming smart enough for both?

A simple example would be:

<configuration>
  <system>
    <login>
      <message>Get off my box!</message>
      <users>
        <user>
          <name>phil</name>
          <uid>-1</uid>
          <full-name>Phil Shafer</full-name>
        </user>
      </users>
    </login>
  </system>
</configuration>

We toss system/login/message into /etc/motd and system/login/users
into /etc/master.passwd.  The user need not know these are different
files.

Thanks,
 Phil