RE: multiple xml documents on an input stream

At 08:08 AM 7/29/2003, Shmulik Nehama wrote:

>Got your point re trusted networks and I agree with you on that. However, I will still disagree on the point I am trying to make that we need to provide the user with the choice of turning on or off security for the transport protocol. From device perspective, I believe this would be less of an issue as you will have a limited number of concurrent sessions into an application on the network. However from the application perspective, if for example you want to perform mass configuration changes and need to maintain a large number of SSH/SSL connections simultaneously to a number of devices -- that may become an issue especially if you are not interested in the security side of it. Need to keep in mind that this effort will apply to equipment for both service providers as well as enterprise space and some of the later are very budget conscious (aren't we all -- but different scale I guess)!!

I don't agree that we should standardize anything but secure
transport protocol mappings for netconf.  Once we publish a mapping
for SSH or HTTPS, it will be fairly trivial for a vendor to figure out
how to adjust that mapping to use telnet instead of SSH, or HTTP
instead of HTTPS.

>- Shmulik...

Andy