Re: multiple xml documents on an input stream

Rob Enns writes:
>While I really like the (relative) ease of deployment of SSH (or SSL),
>dealing with the lack of a framing protocol is a pain, as is hooking
>the stream up to a std parser. I find myself repeatedly coming down
>in favor of BEEP, because inventing yet another framing protocol on
>top of SSH or SSL would be kind of silly.

I consider the lack of a real framing protocol a weakness in
Junoscript and would like to see that repaired in netconf. Scanning
the input stream for </rpc>, dealing with buffer-wrapping and
namespace issues, and integrating with normal push-based SAX parsers
is an issue that would disappear with a real framing protocol.

In addition, BEEP gives mime types and multiple channels, which
I see as perfect plumbing for future work like software upgrades
and downloading binary files such as core files, accounting files,
and netflow records.

BEEP's multiple channels allow multiple operation or notification
channels, giving us some flexibility for future expansion without
requiring multiple TCP connections.

Thanks,
 Phil