Re: more on ASN.1 and SOAP

Hi -

I'm not familiar with that work, but using BER without an ASN.1
grammar to define the data being encoded sounds like a recipe
for disaster.  Even if one doesn't use ASN.1 code-generation tools
or run-time interpreters, having the formal grammar is a huge help
in design, coding, and testing, particularly if the implementation will
need to interoperate with others.

Randy