Re: Thoughts on NetConf Requirements

>>>>> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:46:26 -0700, Andy Bierman <abierman@cisco.com> said:

Andy> Fair enough, but in my experience, IETF debates about filtering
Andy> end up with this kind of complexity.

Then its your job to help the authors define a set of goals and a
mechanism to meet those goals.  Declaring, without discussion, that
element subtree matching is the only way forward is the only thing to
be considered seems a bit heavy handed.

I think we're wasting time arguing over the word "filter" when in fact
we should be arguing over the technical aspects of what types of
decisions can be made and then we can apply the appropriate
terminology to it.