Re: Explicit and unique naming of configuration target

Chen, Weijing wrote:

We all know that we want a protocol separating from data model.  However,
the Enns draft does imply a specific operation model (backup, running,
validating, global-only manipulation of XML tree, etc).
The Enns draft specifically allows for the option of each of these models, but does not mandate any of them other than that you use one of them.

Not all the device
or system follows the same model. We are working on a draft that the
protocol should be able to accommodate the different data model: protocol
only specifies the encapsulation envelop and target, the data model will
decide the actual operation.
If that's all you want then you might as well just use straight BEEP or SOAP over HTTP. No need to define protocol operations. They could be in your data model. That's what people do today and that's why we have N different ways to do it.

Eliot