Re: Separation of configuration and control - good or bad?

Phil> Not that it can't work, just a matter of ease. If I want to pull
Phil> down a configuration, do some changes to it and hand it back to
Phil> the device, it's nice to have the format I hand back to the
Phil> device be the same as what the device gave me.  This allows
Phil> simple transformations (ala xslt) in the pattern of:

Phil>   $config = $jnx->get_configuration();
Phil>   $new = transform($config, $stylesheet);
Phil>   $jnx->load_configuration($new);

I guess we are not talking about the same thing or I am completely
confused (which might well be the case). I am talking about the filter
expression which you pass to get-config() to select what you are
retrieving. Using the Enns draft as a basis for a moment, I am talking
about the config parameter of <get-config> described in section 5.1 on
page 18.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		International University Bremen
Phone: +49 421 200 3587		P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany