Re: Separation of configuration and control - good or bad?

Juergen Schoenwaelder writes:
>It seems to work in other places, so why not here?

Not that it can't work, just a matter of ease. If I want to pull
down a configuration, do some changes to it and hand it back to the
device, it's nice to have the format I hand back to the device be
the same as what the device gave me.  This allows simple transformations
(ala xslt) in the pattern of:

   $config = $jnx->get_configuration();
   $new = transform($config, $stylesheet);
   $jnx->load_configuration($new);