Re: how bad is soap?

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to miss
  and therefore delete posts by non-subscribers.  if you wish to regularly
  post from an address that is not subscribed to this mailing list, send a
  message to <listname>-owner@ops.ietf.org and ask to have the alternate
  address added to the list of addresses from which submissions are
  automatically accepted. ]

> The use of WSDL, of course, would not necessarily limit the netconf protocol
> to SOAP and HTTP.  WSDL currently enables describing bindings to SOAP (over
> HTTP), MIME (over SMTP I assume, haven't read much about this) and one other
> protocol, I believe.  WSDL is extensible, though, and I see no reason why
> bindings to BEEP could not be written.  What would be needed, however, is a
> W3C document explaining how to include a BEEP binding in a WSDL document,
> and what the information in such a binding would mean in a real
> implementation.  Then, the people who build WSDL stub compilers and tool
> sets could start adding support for BEEP to their tools and we could
> eventually leverage that.  Is something like this on the road map for BEEP?

it's not on my plate, but certainly it would open up an interesting avenue!

/mtr