Re: how bad is soap?

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to miss
  and therefore delete posts by non-subscribers.  if you wish to regularly
  post from an address that is not subscribed to this mailing list, send a
  message to <listname>-owner@ops.ietf.org and ask to have the alternate
  address added to the list of addresses from which submissions are
  automatically accepted. ]

> I'm happy to "put in the time" and make it more concrete, but I'm not going
> to do this as an academic exercise. I want to ensure that people are
> interested in this solution. Otherwise, it's a moot point.

catch-22. until folks see an alternative actually spelled-out, then talking
about an alternative is an academic exercise...

your call.

/mtr