RE: WSDL

> >OK, I'll see the bet and raise the ante. Could you explain
> succinctly why we need a new protocol at all? Why instead
> aren't we defining WSDL messages for different functions, and
> then using SOAP bindings and UDDI to solve the problem?

thats my question. While i imagine using of web services at
many other places (like accounting) in IETF, netconfiguration
doesnt suit the bill.

Some reasons:

1/ The UDDI as such is a logically centralized one. what is the
motivation for operational folks to publish a service at a
centralized directory?

2/ WS as such seems to be much of a hype by the market giants.
I dont know whether it is used in practice by ecommerce
applications.