RE: netconf WG charter proposal

Hi,

I haven't seen anybody actually raise this point.

If the CLI is currently the best mechanism to do configuration, but suffers from lack of standardization, why are we moving to XML? Why aren't we just addressing the problem of standardization of the CLI?

Wouldn't it be simpler to standardize a CLI syntax and data model using existing ascii-style text and the associated tools, than to standardize an XML syntax and data model from scratch?

dbh