RE: netconf charter proposal - rev B

This looks very good. The one thing that may be helpful but may not be possible, is to have a paragraph that states how this is intended to complement SNMP and any other solutions sanctioned by the IETF. Kind of put the whole thing into perspective.

I haven't really followed the entire saga here (although I have witnessed the lily presentation at the IETF) but this is kind of a major step for the industry!!! Have you guys really thought out this one carefully?  My guess would be that the greatest peril of this is that it will make vendors stop doing SNMP agents and just manage devices  using CLI scripts. And, the greatest loss will be all the standard MIBs (the end of the standards based network management era).

Branislav