RE: netconf WG charter proposal

>> can an 'external' system can not provide a transaction model if the
>> devices do not have the primitive mechanisms needed to implement
>> it?
> locking: no.
> rollback: maybe

how about focusing on the needs and finessing the philosopy
in a manner such as

    for i in ( network transaction semantics | security )

       feature $i is needed

       we strongly suspect that to understand and specify
       the mechanisms for feature $i, we will need an
       understanding of a [restrictive clause] data model of
       the network

       we suspect that we may have to specify per-device
       mechanisms in order for the protocol(s) to uniformly
       implement $i

       rof

randy