RE: Charter items

Ran,

We agree regarding security. We disagree regarding SMI and management
information. I think that we disagree because there are several problems
that need to be solved. The Ens draft solves a few problems, but not the
ones that cause me the most pain.

If we were to standardize a few small chunks of configuration and state
information, we could convince ourselves that the worst problems can be
solved within the context of XMLCONF. I'm not saying that this working group
should translate every MIB ever developed by the IETF. Maybe we should limit
the effort to codifying the configuration and state data that currently
resides in the MIB-II ifTable. It should also document best practices for
defining XML configuration and state data.

                                                      Ron