RE: being simple-minded

Title: RE: being simple-minded

Glenn,

I agree.  I think it would be nice if the naming/indexing of data was included in the standard.  The examples from the BOF adopted the convention of using a "name" attribute within certain tags, such as <interface name="Ethernet0/0">.  I think it would be nice if this convention was made part of the standard.

It doesn't make sense for all tags, though.  We have some ideas about which tags should contain names and which shouldn't, but going into that may be jumping the gun on standardizing the content/schema.  The problem is, how do we address your concern without talking at least a little bit about the structure of the XML?

Keith Allen

SBC Technology Resources

9505 Arboretum Blvd.

Austin, TX 78759