being simple-minded

	Maybe I am being too simple minded.

	I like the Enns & Co proposal because it lets
operators replace (Tcl/Expect, PERL, DBMS)
with (PERL, DBMS), once the stuff needed to
move the XML over the wire is placed into a
PERL library module[1].  In short, we get rid of
screen scraping.  That by itself is a nice benefit.

	I fear trying to solve bigger more complex
issues immediately, because that would delay the
ability of operators to deprecate Tcl/Expect
screen scraping.

	Later on, after the screen scraping is gone,
I'd be quite comfortable talking about looking for
a next thing to optimise.  However, I'd like to fix
screen scraping before moving on to more complex stuff.

	Maybe some folks think this approach is too
simple minded.  I like to think of it as practical.

Cheers,

Ran

[1] Such a module exists today for JunOScript.  I take
that as an existence proof that such a module could be
created for the current Enns & Co proposal, which is a
bit different than the JunOScript stuff.