Re: low bandwith requirement ?

George Jones <gmjones@mitre.org> writes:

> My origianl question (in this thread) was and is do we
> need to consider/explicity state a requiremnt that this work over
> low bandwith ?

To more directly address this question... no.

Having spent a lot of time on xml based protocol design, this is a
rathole that leads to lengthy discussion about 'optimizing' XML.

XML is verbose.

If you think it's too verbose for network configuration, then you
don't want to use an XML based protocol.  Trying to make it less
verbose would ultimately degrade the main reason for using it - that
it is a common format usable by so many other tools (promoting
integration between network configuration and the rest of the
enterprise).

--
Scott Lawrence
  Actively seeking work