Re: low bandwith requirement ?

Randy Bush wrote:

So, in looking over the agenda for the netconf BOF, there was one
requirment that I thought might have been overlooked: the ability
to work over low badwith links (such as a console or serial
interface hooked to a terminal server).

why is an in-band interface different from an oob interface?  or
should i better ask, in what ways which are significant to
configuration do they differ?

Bandwith ?  My origianl question (in this thread) was and is do we
need to consider/explicity state a requiremnt that this work over
low bandwith ?  In the DoS scenerio, you may only have a
dialup connection to manage/recover the device.   You can't
do screen repaints or other large data transfers quickly.
I think "works over low bandwith connections" should
be an explicit requirement for device management.

---George Jones