Re: XMLCONF Proposal

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 08:36, Phil Shafer wrote:
    John Stracke writes:
    >Uh...BEEP isn't an RPC mechanism, is it? It's a MIME transport.

    (from rfc3080)

    2.1.1 Exchange Styles

       BEEP allows three styles of exchange:

Supporting request/reply interaction does not make it an RPC mechanism.

But that point was pretty peripheral.  The key question, which you have
not answered, was: OK, Why not just standardize on SOAP, which can map
to different transports already? Your previous answer to a similar
question was that you wanted particular characteristics; you did not
answer when I pointed out that SOAP over BEEP provides those
characteristics.

--
|John Stracke        | http://www.thibault.org |HTML OK|