Re: draft-enns-*.txt

On Wednesday, Feb 19, 2003, at 13:31 America/Montreal, Scott Lawrence wrote:
I've seen objections of the form RJ Atkinson raises a lot; I think
that the essential problem is that people have begun to treat PS as an
end rather than a beginning.
That is CERTAINLY NOT an accurate representation of what I've said here
or of my own perspective. I do NOT treat PS as an end rather than a beginning.
I do think that we need more experience in this space before we start standardising
anything.

I also agree with Mark Allman's comment (on another IETF mailing list)
about how it is often better to start with something at Experimental,
and move the spec to PS later on.

It does NOT further the discussion to mis-represent/mis-word/distort
what another person says. It would be simpler and better to disagree with
ideas on whatever basis -- but without putting words into another person's mouth
(as Scott has unfortunately done above).

Ran