RE: IETF & this list

At 10:38 PM 1/10/2003 -0800, Faye Ly wrote:
>Andy,
>
>I think it is a very good proposal.  But you don't mean to have STDCONF
>wg to replace this discussion group (for lack of a better term, as I am
>now educated that it is not a wg), do you?  I actually think STDCONF and
>XML management group (again for lack of a better term, as Xmlconf might
>be limited to a certain scope) can go in parallel.  Provided that enough
>people are interested to move forward both.

I didn't propose STDCONF as a replacement for this mailing list.
However, this group is unchartered, unfocused, and not making
any progress of formulating a plan to create IETF standards
for network management that will get used by network operators.

I think it's the OPS ADs responsibility to do something about
the 'NM problem'.  I don't care how they decide to do something,
but I want something to get done.  A lot of good input has been
collected from the operator community over the last 1+ years,
and dialogue between NM standards people and operators is better
than it's been in a decade. It would be a shame to squander any
momentum that exists, but that's what appears to be happening.

>-faye

Andy