RE: IETF & this list

> AFAIK, neither OPS AD has made any official announcement regarding
> an XMLCONF WG.  I think the only decision made wrt/ the XMLCONF BOF
> was to start a mailing list and discuss the issues further.

The original BOF was not tasked to be a prelude to a WG or to see
if a WG was needed. It was to discuss and survey what sort of
things people are/were doing with XML in the area of configuring
devices and to try and see if XML was/is doing a much better job
in that space than anything we currently do.

Some people came with requests for various WGs afterwards, for
which we have not yet considered one as a serious candidate.

I have been asking for a proposed charter, I think Randy has
send us one that looked kind of OK, but we want more discussion
on it and a better "problem statement and vision of how to go
aboiut solving the problem". I'd have to go and reread Andy's
proposal...  but as far as I recall it did not address that well
enough yet.

In the meanwhile, this list can off course discuss aspects of
using XML for configuration or about possible requirements for
configuration.

Hope this helps,
Bert