IETF & this list

I could be mistaken, but my understanding is that the IESG has
decided NOT to charter a WG on XMLconf. So while this list is hosted
by a machine also named ops.ietf.org, this is not strictly speaking
an IETF Working Group mailing list (and maybe is not likely to become one soon).

That ought not stifle the conversation here, IMHO, but some
recent postings seem to erroneously assume that an IETF WG either
already exists or will soon be created -- neither of which is true
as near as I can tell.

No doubt someone on the IESG will correct me on-list if the above is
mistaken.

Cheers,

Ran
rja@extremenetworks.com