[idn] TRACE-CNAME mechanism

> > Allow me to add one more to this thread...
> > it seems to me, being the author of the dnsii-trace draft that the
proposed
> > NSI resolution schedule is very similar to that discussed in my draft
with
> > david.  Which means that the discussion about the approach is not really
out
> > of the scope of this wg.
>
> Actually they are different.
>

> -James Seng

How so?  The key thing introduced in the TRACE draft is the use of CNAME to
bridge the unavoidable gap between the "application only" ACE approach where
the problem that not all apps are updated and the DNS will get non-ACE
mutlilingual requests is apparent.  That is rather similar to the VGRS
proposal I'd say... While I think this is a rather nice approach for the
transition, I remember Patrick had a comment on the use of the CNAME issue
and would like to hear some comments too.

By the way, I am updated the draft to use DNAME instead of CNAME later as it
should make subdelegations smoother.

Edmon