Re: [idn] NSI whitepaper on ML Resolution

Let me make my point clearer.

At 00/12/13 10:18 -0800, Patrik Falstrom wrote:
>No, they will according to the paper primarilly use ACE, and secondly
>use UTF-8, and have a CNAME from the UTF-8 to the ACE.

My point is, with the final stage of their test bed when www.<i18n>.com
can be entered on web browsers etc., VGRS assumes name resolving
library used by user programs submit queries to DNS server in UTF-8, at
least on the diagram in Appendix E.

This causes compatibility issues because i.e. a web browser which ends
up submitting DNS query in UTF-8 works fine with their test bed but it
doesn't work as expected with non UTF-8 aware DNS servers.  And UTF-8
support on DNS server won't become mandatory for the time being and our
current protocol definition doesn't require UTF-8 support on DNS server
serving IDN.

Anyway, this point is now supposedly understood by VGRS.

Regards,
Hideyo Imazu.