Re: [idn] Some thoughts...

> Honestly, I am still not clear which direction is the right way. Should we
> look at something which is compatible with the existing infrastucture such as
> ACE solution or should we look longer-term UTF-8 with consequences to break
> down the current infrastucture.

it's not just the DNS infrastructure that has to be considered, the
use of domain names in applications and in application protocols is
also a huge part of the picture.  I cannot imagine how we can update
all applications and application protocols to use UTF-8, and get
those updated applications deployed before we need to start using IDNs.

so for me, using an ACE is essential.

Keith