Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-cjk-00.txt

Missed this out :-)

> If I understand correctly, z-variants is the font variation
> for a SINGLE UCS CJK ideographic character (and still listed
> separately in 10646-1:2000; though never listed separately
> in the Unicode standard).

Yes, zVariant can be considered font variation. HOWEVER, some *are* listed as
separate code point in Unicode, to preserve round-trip. So, the problem isnt
so simple.

> Or do you mean something else with "z-variants"?
> Z-variants are font variations of the same character.
> The Y-variants are different-looking characters
> with the "same" meaning; I don't know how language
> dependent that is.

Hmm, I guess the problem zVariant is also cross with Y-variant.

For example, U+838A and U+8358. (Okay, this comes from two different languages
so you may considered it as just a Y problem, not a typeface problem).

But how would you classify U+6046 and U+6052.

-James Seng