RE: [idn] draft-ietf-idn-requirements-04.txt

From: Karlsson Kent - keka <keka@im.se>
Subject: RE: [idn] draft-ietf-idn-requirements-04.txt
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 12:52:09 +0200

  Sorry for the English. It is my current best effort. :P

> 1) The term "ACE" is not (and should not be) defined in the
>    requirements doc. There is now the term "TES" ("Transfer
>    Encoding Syntax"), which is consistent with the terms used
>    in UTR 17.
>
> 2) The requirements document MUST NOT presuppose that there is
>    at all any "ACE" (TES) used for domain names.  It does not
>    so far, and must not begin to do so.

  I am not quite sure what should be defined in the requirements
  doc. I just want to say if following the current defination of the
  requirements, the PTR RR will be NULL when only the IDN exist. It
  is not a good thing, right? According to Harald's solution that
  DNSSEC MUST sign an ACE, I think the problem can be resloved simply
  and reasonably. Moreover, I think it is obvious that using ACE or TES
  or something others are not the main purpose of Harald's solution.
  The main purpose is to use the DNSSEC. Honestly, I don't know how
  to express this thinking exactly and without any misunderstanding,
  though the problem is indicated and the solution has been suggested.
  Please correct the expression about the requirements.