[idn] i-DNS.net Patent Filing

Dear all,

In this note, I am representing i-DNS.net International Inc.

i-DNS.net has filed for a patent which has been published by US WIPO wrt to
multilingual domain names. A notice as below has been sent to the IETF
secretariate as per RFC2026 rules last week. This is already been reflected on
http://www.ietf.org/ipr.html.

The claims in the applied-for patent involve using and detecting multiple
native encodings for IDN. Since the WG has not move towards that direction, no
discussion, emails, I-Ds in the WG is related to the patent.

If there is any further questions, please email me and I will try to answer
them to the best of my knowledge.

James Seng
Chief Technology Officer
i-DNS.net International Inc.

--- CUT HERE ---
In accordance with Section 10 of RFC 2026, i-DNS.net International, Inc.
(i-DNS.net) hereby states that if i-DNS.net's contribution is incorporated
into an IETF standard and i-DNS.net has patents or patent applications over
such contribution, i-DNS.net is willing to grant a license to such patent
rights to the extent it is necessary to the implementation of the standard
and on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory terms based on reciprocity.

More information can be found in i-DNS.net International Technology Position
Paper at http://www.i-DNS.net/tech/techposition.html

Ka Yew Leong
Legal Counsel
i-DNS.net International, Inc.