RE: [idn] nameprep forbidden characters

Wanted to share with you that in the arabic Working group of minc we have
discussed this
point at length.
In arabic the meaning of the word will change depending on punctuation ,
like the
words "knowlege" and "flag" in arabic are exactly the same except for
punctuation.

It is my opinion that , at least regarding arabic, no punctuation should be
allowed for now.

I am sure 5 years from now , domain name systems will be much more dynamic
than what
we have now and will not be simply a simple mapping of unicode or ascii to
an ip number.
at that time, punctuation can be allowed to be part of the game.
wael

Wael Nasr
Director, Middle East Business Development
I-DNS.net
wael.nasr@i-dns.net
Cell Phone(Egypt):+(201) 222 55 380