Re: [idn] nameprep forbidden characters

  Perhaps host names
> should avoid all punctuation in all languages so people don't have to
> worry about it.

I think we have to remember that it is the registrant's choice to choose a
name that best reflects their identity online.  Punctuations may serve to be
great symbols that identifies an entity, for example a person called O'Brian
would want to have the apostrophe for his domain name and a company A&B
would want the "&" in their name.  Our move to multilingual is the best
opportunity for us to re-include these worthwhile and long awaited symbols
back into the domain name space.

Edmon