[idn] TRACE

Hi,

While we talk about naming conventions and conversions, I think it is also
important that we understand that during the transition period people will
be entering multilingual names through existing applications which means
that the queries sent out will not be IDN aware.  The resolver or name
server at the end must therefore be prepared to handle these requests in the
interim or else the same issue about passing the billboard test or biz card
test comes in.

TRACE suggests a Transitional Reflexive mechanism used during the transition
so that nameservers will correctly handle incoming requests.  It is
important for registries or name servers offering domains in multilingual
names to be equipped with such capability before introducing multilingual
names because people expect to arrive at the right address consistently no
matter what application they are using.

Edmon