Re: [idn] IDNRA comments

>  >I could see providing an alternate "raw" interface to DNS for
>  >queries for non-ascii-encoded IDNs.  but even if that is done
> What about a getaddrinfo(3) flag?

as far as I know this would work fine, but my point was that
it's not clear that having such a mechanism is a good idea.

> Maybe the resolver/libc could automatically generate ascii-encoded
> domains in response to reverse lookups.

but this wouldn't solve the problem of existing applications that
are running with old resolvers, and which need to do reverse lookups
on addresses that have IDNs.  those need to get ascii-encoded
domains from the existing DNS interface.