[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [idn] IDNRA comments
- Subject: Re: [idn] IDNRA comments
- From: Marco d'Itri <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 05:07:48 +0200
- Cc: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 20:26:01 -0700
- Envelope-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
On Sep 01, Keith Moore <email@example.com> wrote:
>I could see providing an alternate "raw" interface to DNS for
>queries for non-ascii-encoded IDNs. but even if that is done
What about a getaddrinfo(3) flag?
Applications which can handle IDN would pass an AI_IDN flag, old
applications would keep using the usual interface.
Maybe the resolver/libc could automatically generate ascii-encoded
domains in response to reverse lookups.