Re: [idn] IDNRA comments

At 13.57 +0200 00-08-31, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>An advantage of this description method is to explain exactly what
>that UTF-8 label is doing in the middle: Saying that the system has
>to behave AS IF UTF-8 was used at this interface.
>
>OK?

Keith found the same problem when he pointed out one of the
advantages with the IDNRA proposals (from my point of view) and that
is that the ACE encoded domainname is not only sent from the resolver
in the DNS packages, but also used by the applications in the
protocols. That means that an application have to be able to do
nameprepping.

I am thinking about how to describe this.

   paf