Re: [idn] New protocol proposal: IDNRA

This sounds like O'Dells corallary to Moores Law:
"Ignore the installed base. It will be less than 10%
of the Internet population in 24 months." or words to
that effect.

My numbers to John K. are how long it took the DNS
community to "squash" bind 8.2 and 8.2.1, which
have root exploits.  The code was generally available
for less than 4 months and it may take as long as
24 months to get it out of the system. The code did
not ship w/ any vendor release and there have been
active assistance in helping folks weed it out.

The flip side of this is that -IF- significant value
is generated by the availabilty and ease-of-use of
non-ASCII lables, then we are looking at a growth
curve more like the http browser and its replacement
of gopher.

--bill