Re: [idn] additional comments from draft-ietf-idnra-00.txt

>Well, one of the ideas with IDNRA was that Paul and I wanted to show
>that the functional requiremens on using internationalized
>domainnames in applications can be solved without changing the
>characters used for hostnames in the DNS and other protocols. Just by
>upgrading applications and resolvers. In that sense ther is a "D"
>component.

Of what I can see it fails on at least:

[2] The service MUST preserve the basic concept and facilities of domain
names as described in [RFC1034]. It MUST maintain a single, global,
universal, and consistent hierarchical namespace.

It does not preserve case. DNS does that today.

   Dan