Re: [idn] additional comments from draft-ietf-idnra-00.txt

At 15.14 +0800 00-08-29, James Seng wrote:
>You have misunderstood the intention of IDNRA. It is meant to be a
>proposal to do IDN using Resolver & Application. There is no "D" (DNS)
>component here.

Well, one of the ideas with IDNRA was that Paul and I wanted to show
that the functional requiremens on using internationalized
domainnames in applications can be solved without changing the
characters used for hostnames in the DNS and other protocols. Just by
upgrading applications and resolvers. In that sense ther is a "D"
component.

Remember that this was what I suggested you in the iDNS team the
first time you presented your ideas in the INET meeting some years
ago ;-)

   paf