RE: [idn] NSI Multilingual Testbed Information (fwd)

At/À 09:59 2000-08-27 -0400, J. William Semich you wrote/vous écriviez:

>The IETF has made a strong statement WRT the use of UTF-8 in
>internationalizing names on the Internet. That's all I've said.

- and imho, you are right if s/internationalizing names/internationalization/.
- but, one size do not necessarily fits all. (utf8 do not necessarily
resolve every encoding problem in the i18n universe)
- there is other proposals that have very good merits which are not using utf8.
- protocol design is always a compromise: we choose the best by technical
merits.

- And your point is right: the wg should consider heavily utf8 before
choosing something else. point taken.

I really would like to move this discussion out.  Can we?

Regards, Marc.

>Bill

Marc Blanchet
Viagénie inc.
tel: 418-656-9254
http://www.viagenie.qc.ca

Normos (http://www.normos.org): Internet standards portal:
IETF RFC, drafts, IANA, W3C, ATMForum, ISO, ... all in one place.