Re: [idn] NSI Multilingual Testbed Information (fwd)

Rick H Wesson wrote:
> > NSI Registry approached is that for each domain names in any languages,
> > you have to submit different encoding you wish to support. In other
> > words, if you registered YAHOO.com in (where YAHOO is in Chinese) in
> > GBK, you have to submit another application that you like this to be in
> > BIG5.
>
> why is this an optimal solution?

Note that NSI is deploying a testbed, not a optimal solution. In fact,
they acknowledge quite clearly that it will be a moving target as
according to IETF standardisation process.

> > I am wearing multiples hats here so pardon me if I have to be careful
> > what I am allowed to say and what is not (yet), e.g. Clarification of
> > public knowledge.
>
> could you disclose your hapt, do you work for NSI Registry?

No, I don't work for NSI Registry. But due to my work as CTO of
i-DNS.net, I do work with NSI Registry on some aspect of their effort
and much of that is covered by NDA.

I will do my best to clarify common misunderstand of NSI testbed but any
detail questions on what NSI intents or will be doing will be best
answered by NSI staff.

-James Seng