Re: [idn] Unicode tagging

>FWIW, I favor Normalization Form KC.  It makes the most sense to me to
>normalize and canonicalize (with whatever spec is decided upon) at the
>point of name entry, with possibilities for redundancy where folks think
>it is prudent.

We must also remember that DNS does contain text that is not domain names.
That text should not be normalised using form KC, here form C must be used.
So DNS clients need to handle two forms of normalisation if KC is used
for domain names (and it need to know what label is a host/domain name).
Or shall we define that matching of labels shall always be matched using
form KC? Even when a label is used for other things than host name?
While we can require the query name to be of form KC and that matching
of labels be done using form KC, the labels in DNS may not be of form KC
as it destroys vital information (like replacing superscript 2 with normal 2,
though replacing greek A with ASCII A is ok).

    Dan