RE: [idn] Unicode tagging

>> The reason as I have indicated is the need to have a character count.
>
>I don't see any technical reason for this. We probably do need an upper
>limit for the number of octets on the wire.

A lot of software have problems with buffer limits and the handling of
unlimited string lengths. For this reason it good to have a upper limit.
In my UDNS draft I set the length like this:

   A label is limited to a maximum of 63 character code points in UCS
   normalised using Unicode form C.  The full name is limited to a
   maximum of 255 character code points normalised as for a label.

This will not be fair to all languages, but will be quite fair for many
languages and will set an upper limit for implementors to handle.

   Dan