Re: [idn] Unicode tagging

> that is complete and utter hogwash.

i can not find 'hogwash' in any of the dns rfcs.  perhaps i am missing
something.

> the function of DNS is to provide a mapping from easily-typed,
> easily-transcribed, and perhaps easily-remembered text strings onto
> information needed to locate Internet services.

not quite.  the dns protocols care nothing for easily-typed, easily-
transcribed, or easily-remembered text strings.  any old crufty gibberish
is fine with the dns.

it is *applications* and users of them which care about ease of use by
humans.

i do not mean to be overly pedantic, but we need to remember that the main
issues here are application issues.  only when we have sorted them out can
we see what, if any, unusual needs trickle down to the dns itself.

randy