Re: [idn] Prohibiting characters in draft-ietf-idn-nameprep

> [[ This message got lost in the traffic on optional characters, but
> is as important of a change to the document. Comments are welcome. ]]
>
> >Greetings. After the discussion in Pittsburgh on the nameprep draft,
> >Marc and I have an open issue on when to prohibit characters.
> >
> >The current document has the order of processing looking like:
> >1) Check for prohibited input (many)
> >2) Fold case
> >3) Canonicalize with normalization form KC
> >
> >A possible alternative has been proposed that adds a step:
> >1) Check for prohibited input (a few, just for case)
> >2) Fold case
> >3) Canonicalize with normalization form KC
> >4) Check for prohibited output
> >
> >I believe that the proposed alternative is a good one, even though
> >it complicates the processing some by having two lists. The
> >advantage is that it would disallow fewer characters on input, and
> >therefore cause less surprise for users.

I am sorry to have missed the discussion about canonicalization form...

However...
I am sure Einstein will never ever agree that E=mc˛ is the same as E=mc2 !!!
Form KC doesnt seem to make sense in the context of a "name" of which the
DNS is about...

I believe form C should be the choice...

Edmon