[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [idn] Where to do form-folding?
- To: RJ Atkinson <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [idn] Where to do form-folding?
- From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <Harald@Alvestrand.no>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 22:33:59 +0200
- Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 23:11:24 -0700
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
At 17:28 23/07/2000 -0400, RJ Atkinson wrote:
> >General observation: If development of Internet had been constrained by
> >existing CPU resources in the past, it would not have grown to its
> current level of importance throughout the world.
>Au contrair. The development of the Internet to date HAS actually
>been constrained by past CPU resources. This issue is present
>in many IETF standard protocols, from routing to applications,
>and has regularly been considered part of the overall environment.
or to put it another way: "rough consensus and running code" requires that
there exist CPU resources that can run the code....
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, firstname.lastname@example.org
+47 41 44 29 94
Personal email: Harald@Alvestrand.no