Re: [idn] Where to do form-folding?

At 10:16 21/07/00 , J. William Semich wrote:

>General observation: If development of Internet had been constrained by
>existing CPU resources in the past, it would not have grown to its current level of importance throughout the world.

Au contrair.  The development of the Internet to date HAS actually
been constrained by past CPU resources.  This issue is present
in many IETF standard protocols, from routing to applications,
and has regularly been considered part of the overall environment.

>My reading of the requirements document is it does not concern
>itself with "CPU resources." The word "CPU" or any related concept
>is not in the text, AFAIK.

Fortunately, we are not lawyers, but engineers.  So CPU and
anything else that can impact deployment or deployability is
clearly within the scope of the current requirements and
the current evaluation process.

Regards,

Ran
rja@inet.org