Re: [idn] Proposal for creation of new gTLD for IDN

Hallelujah    Hallelujah    Hallelujah

Dear Mr. Lee

+AD4-For example, I typed 'ABC.COM' ('ABC.COM' is multi-lingual domain name in
Korean) in the address text field of web browser to get there.
+AD4-Then, the resolver will add .kr.icom. Finally it will be 'abc.com.kr.icom'
('abc.com' is converted one into ACE format with your algorithm) and will be
transmitted to name servers.
+AD4-This is '2ds96445y1a5.kr.icom' you said in your message following.
+AD4-However, what I want to let my customer know to remember my location is
'ABC.COM', not 'abc.com.kr.icom'.

First I'd like to assume again that the converted domain is 'abc.kr.icom'
because '.COM' (in Korean) will be converted to '.kr.icom' automatically
when you typed in Korean.
Anyway, you can inform your customer that your location is 'ABC.COM'(in
korean).
That is beacuse the customer might be Korean, or, at least, he can speak
korean and he has text editer of Korean in his computer.

+AD4-Getting back to your example.
+AD4-When I make an HTML page, it could happen to insert my location like
'0xb300/0xd55c/0xbbfc/0xad5d/.0xd68c/0xc0ac/' in Korean.
+AD4-But if a Japanese visited my page and copied +ACY- pasted my location, then the
resolver will convert it to some codes with Japanese converting method and
add jp.icom.
+AD4-
+AD4-OK, let's assume that the URL inserted in my HTML page is
'2ds96445y1a5.kr.icom', but what we see through a web browser is
'0xb300/0xd55c/0xbbfc/0xad5d/.0xd68c/0xc0ac/'.

Although your rocation is inserted like
http://0xb300/0xd55c/0xbbfc/0xad5d/.0xd68c/0xc0ac/ in Korean, that domain
will be displayed like 'http://2ds96445y1a5.kr.icom' to foreigner.
When the Korean has been slected as the main language or subsidary language,
it is displayed like http://0xb300/0xd55c/0xbbfc/0xad5d/.0xd68c/0xc0ac/  in
Korean.

If I failed to let you see, Please call me.
phone number+ADs- 017)266-3030

sincerely yours

Deuk-Kul Jang
dkjang+AEA-smind.co.kr