Re: [idn] Proposal for creation of new gTLD for IDN

I'm not sure I fully understand it, but this proposal seems to
confuse "language/encoding used" with "country in which language
is spoken".  By doing so, it causes:

	* problems for users of other (presumably still
	non-ASCII) languages in that country,

	* worse problems for countries with several
	official/national languages,

	* and still worse problems for countries whose companies
	and organizations wish to participate in international
	e-commerce or discourse and hence to exhibit multiple
	languages to the rest of the world.

Or am I missing something?

    john

--On Thursday, 06 July, 2000 17:46 +0900 Deuk-Kul Jang